cricinfo

Earn From Home

Ad # 1

Earn Rs.2000 daily. No Investment.

Wanted Online Internet job workers. Job is only through Internet. Work part time. You can earn Rs.750-2000/- daily. These are genuine Internet jobs. No Investment required. Only serious enquires please. For more details visit http://www.earnparttimejobs.com/index.php?id=856165

IPL

Live SCORE bOARD

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pomerbasch is all excited about gaining experience from IPL

New Delhi: Luke Pomersbach is not a familiar name in Indian cricket circles till he was snapped up for $54,000 by the Mohali team in the Indian Premier League (IPL) second auction in Mumbai Tuesday.

The young Australian is all keyed up at the thought of sharing the dressing room with the likes of Brett Lee, Simon Katich, James Hopes, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Yuvraj Singh and Irfan Pathan.

To the delight of the 23-year-old left-hand batsman, his coach of the Western Australian team, Tom Moody, is also the coach of the Mohali team.

'I got the good news last night from Tom. It's a great feeling, it's just good to be over there, anything else is a bonus,' an excited Pomersbach told the Cricket Australia website Wednesday.

'It's an honour to be with such good cricketers, two of the best cricketers in the world in Brett Lee and Sangakkara. It's great to mix with them.

'I can't wait to have a chat with those guys. I'm going to talk to them as much as I can and try to learn whatever I can from them,' he added.

However, what is troubling Pomersbach is his realistic chance of making it to the eleven as the team boasts of so many big names of world cricket.

'I think you are allowed only four overseas players in a game, so it's going to be hard to get a game . . . but if I can get a game or two I'll be happy,' he said.

On visiting India, he said: 'I went to India last season with the academy and I think it's a great place. It's a different place altogether and I'm looking forward to the visit.'

Pomersbach reached the pinnacle of his fledgling career when he received a call up for national Twenty20 side to play New Zealand last December after Brad Hodge injured his back before the game.

'I had a decent year and got a couple of rewards along the way...to get the green and gold on me was a great experience,' Pomersbach said.