cricinfo

Earn From Home

Ad # 1

Earn Rs.2000 daily. No Investment.

Wanted Online Internet job workers. Job is only through Internet. Work part time. You can earn Rs.750-2000/- daily. These are genuine Internet jobs. No Investment required. Only serious enquires please. For more details visit http://www.earnparttimejobs.com/index.php?id=856165

IPL

Live SCORE bOARD

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tendulkar excited about leading IPL team

Sachin Tendulkar said he was looking forward to the challenge of leading Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League starting on April 18.

Some quotes from the interview:

On leading the Mumbai side

It is going to be a challenge. I was not expecting to captain the Mumbai side. Mukesh Ambani spoke to me and he wanted me to lead the side. I have accepted it and I am looking forward to it. I'm happy to be opening the innings with Sanath Jayasuriya. I excited about renewing rivalries with Shane Warne.

On talks that Mumbai is one of the weaker teams in the IPL

I am happy with the team. It has nice blend of seniors and juniors, it is a terrific team. Who says we have a weak side, let the tournament start and everybody will know. The IPL is a great opportunity for youngsters to play with international stars.

On having Harbhajan Singh in his team

Harbhajan Singh is a world class player, I am happy that I have got him. Anybody who has played for more than 10 years for his country should be a terrific player.

On playing against players like Ganguly, Dravid and Dhoni

It will be a strange experience, playing against somebody who are next to me in the dressing room. It is a club system, it will be a new experience. It will be exciting for players as well as spectators.